Sasikala`s statement to be recorded further on Thursday
Bangalore: After a gap of over seven months, the recording of the statement of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s close aide Sasikala Natarajan resumed on Wednesday before the special court trying the disproportionate assets case against them.
Appearing before Special Judge MS Balakrishna, Sasikala replied to 110 questions framed by the court, taking the total number of questions answered till today to 742 out of the total over a 1,000. The Judge adjourned the matter to tomorrow.
The questions posed by the court today mainly pertained to transfer of money to the partnership firms of Sasikala and Jayalalithaa and also amounts going into their individual accounts.
Sasikala had last appeared for recording of her statement on May 2, 2012. Till then she had answered 632 questions.
Since then, the proceedings were adjourned periodically in view of pendency of petitions by Sasikala and others over various matters.
On Dec 11, the court had dismissed separate applications filed by Sasikala and third accused VN Sudhakaran for either return of unmarked documents or copies thereof.
Jayalalithaa has been charged with accumulating wealth disproportionate to her known sources of income to the tune of Rs 66 crore when she was Chief Minister between 1991 and 1995 and the case was transferred to Bangalore by the Supreme Court on a petition by DMK General Secretary K Anbazhagan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview