SC dismiss plea for cancellation of bail to BSY
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday dismissed
a petition seeking cancellation of bail granted to former
Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa in one of the graft
A bench comprising Justices H L Dattu and C K Prasad said
it was "not inclined to interfere" with the Karnataka High
Court order granting bail to Yeddyurappa and others in a case
relating to land denotification.
The plea challenging the grant of bail to the former
chief minister was filed by Bangalore-based advocate Sirijan
Basha has filed five complaints, comprising 15 cases, in
the Lokayukta court against Yeddyurappa and others including
his family members.
Former Solicitor General and senior advocate Gopal
Subramanian appeared for Basha before the apex court which
declined to accept his submission for cancellation of the
Justice B V Pinto of the High Court had granted bail to
Yeddyurappa who had moved against the special Lokayukta
court`s order rejecting his plea for the relief.
The cases have been registered by the Lokayukta police on
Basha`s complaints alleging Yeddyurappa had denotified
governments land for the benefit of his family members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- WOAH! Gautam Gambhir absolutely destroys Ravi Shastri - Here are his scathing comments
- Unsure if monetary policy panel to set rates in August: Raghuram Rajan
- German Bakery blast: Maha Govt. challenges Bombay HC order in SC
- Chinese woman gives birth to a baby girl from embryo frozen 18 years ago
- Spirituality helps you transform into a better human – Here’s how