SC moved against clean chit to Yeddyurappa
New Delhi: The Karnataka High Court`s verdict,
quashing the FIR registered by the state Lokayukta against
former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, was on Wednesday challenged
before the Supreme Court.
The appeal against the High Court`s order was filed by
original complainant Srijan Basha, who had earlier approached
the state Lokayukta for registration of the case against
In his Special Leave Petition (SLP), filed through counsel
Prashant Kumar, Basha submitted that he was not made a party
to the Yeddyurapa`s plea to the High Court against the Lokayukta decision and the High Court passed its judgement on
March 7 without hearing him.
Basha argued that quashing the state Governor`s sanction
to prosecute Yeddyurapa was "bad in law and impermissible in
law and against a catena of judgment and position of law
settled by the Apex Court."
In a major legal triumph for the BJP state strongman B S
Yeddyurappa, the Karnataka High Court had earlier declared as
"bad in law" a chapter in the Lokayukta report that indicted
him on illegal mining, causing his exit as chief minister and
quashed the FIR against him based on it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India