SC panel continues inspection of mining firms
Chitradurga: The Supreme Court-appointed
Central Empowered Committee (CEC) on Monday inspected nine mining
companies in Bheemasamudra and Holalkere in this district on
the second day of its mission for collecting information about
illegal mining in Karnataka.
The CEC team went round the mining areas along with
Deputy Commissioner Vipul Bansal.
Some of the villagers complained to the team members
about pollution caused by mining operations.
The team members Principal Chief Conservator of Forests
Mahendra Vyas, Deputy Chief Conservator of Forests UV Singh,
Mines and Geology department official HR Srinivasan carried
out the inspection. Its leader CV Jayakrishna did not
accompany the members as he is indisposed, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hillary Clinton's speech at Democratic presidential nomination - Watch video
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares mesmerising video of Newfoundland from space
- Obesity, smoking may up poor life quality in lung disease patients
- Amitabh Bachchan calls for educating Aanganwadis about Hepatitis
- Irresistibly handsome as always – Check out Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in brand new ‘Mohenjo Daro’ poster