SC panel continues inspection of mining firms
Chitradurga: The Supreme Court-appointed
Central Empowered Committee (CEC) on Monday inspected nine mining
companies in Bheemasamudra and Holalkere in this district on
the second day of its mission for collecting information about
illegal mining in Karnataka.
The CEC team went round the mining areas along with
Deputy Commissioner Vipul Bansal.
Some of the villagers complained to the team members
about pollution caused by mining operations.
The team members Principal Chief Conservator of Forests
Mahendra Vyas, Deputy Chief Conservator of Forests UV Singh,
Mines and Geology department official HR Srinivasan carried
out the inspection. Its leader CV Jayakrishna did not
accompany the members as he is indisposed, officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources