SC panel continues inspection of mining firms
Chitradurga: The Supreme Court-appointed
Central Empowered Committee (CEC) on Monday inspected nine mining
companies in Bheemasamudra and Holalkere in this district on
the second day of its mission for collecting information about
illegal mining in Karnataka.
The CEC team went round the mining areas along with
Deputy Commissioner Vipul Bansal.
Some of the villagers complained to the team members
about pollution caused by mining operations.
The team members Principal Chief Conservator of Forests
Mahendra Vyas, Deputy Chief Conservator of Forests UV Singh,
Mines and Geology department official HR Srinivasan carried
out the inspection. Its leader CV Jayakrishna did not
accompany the members as he is indisposed, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?