SC/ST and OBC (Amendment) Bill passed
Bangalore: Karnataka Legislative Assembly
on Thursday passed the Karnataka Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes
and Other Backward Classes (Amendment) Bill, 2011 making issue
of false caste and income certificate and obtaining them as a
Members cutting across party lines welcomed the Bill
which was tabled by Minister for Social Welfare A
The Bill empowers the government with powers to penalise
those obtaining false caste certificate or income certificate
with rigorous imprisonment for a term which shall not be less
than six months, which may extend up to two years and fine not
less than Rs 1,000.
Tehsildars who intentionally issue such certificates upon
conviction would also attract similar punishment and penalty.
No civil court shall have jurisdiction in respect of any
order passed by any officer or authority under this Act and no
stay or injunction shall be granted by a court in respect of
any action taken or to be taken by such officer or authority
under this Act, the Bill states.
Those found guilty will also face action like
cancellation of degree, diploma or any other educational
qualifications acquired by them.
The House also passed The Karnataka Regulation of Stone
Crushers Bill, 2011 which outlines guidelines for operation of
The Karnataka Appropriation (No 6) Bill, 2011 authorising
payment and appropriation of Rs 3,864.23 crore from the
consolidated fund was also approved by the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next