SC/ST and OBC (Amendment) Bill passed
Bangalore: Karnataka Legislative Assembly
on Thursday passed the Karnataka Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes
and Other Backward Classes (Amendment) Bill, 2011 making issue
of false caste and income certificate and obtaining them as a
Members cutting across party lines welcomed the Bill
which was tabled by Minister for Social Welfare A
The Bill empowers the government with powers to penalise
those obtaining false caste certificate or income certificate
with rigorous imprisonment for a term which shall not be less
than six months, which may extend up to two years and fine not
less than Rs 1,000.
Tehsildars who intentionally issue such certificates upon
conviction would also attract similar punishment and penalty.
No civil court shall have jurisdiction in respect of any
order passed by any officer or authority under this Act and no
stay or injunction shall be granted by a court in respect of
any action taken or to be taken by such officer or authority
under this Act, the Bill states.
Those found guilty will also face action like
cancellation of degree, diploma or any other educational
qualifications acquired by them.
The House also passed The Karnataka Regulation of Stone
Crushers Bill, 2011 which outlines guidelines for operation of
The Karnataka Appropriation (No 6) Bill, 2011 authorising
payment and appropriation of Rs 3,864.23 crore from the
consolidated fund was also approved by the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’