Scribe attacked for exposing `illegal activities` in Karnataka
Kundapur: A journalist with a Kannada daily was attacked by three persons here for reportedly writing an article on illegal activities in a panchayat, police said.
Ripati Hegde was returning to his residence on his two wheeler late last night when the trio intercepted, abused and assaulted him, Udupi Superintendent of Police M B Boralingaiah said on Sunday.
He was attacked for reportedly writing an article exposing illegal activities in Vandse Gram Panchayat, the SP said.
The reporter has sustained injuries, Boralingaiah said, adding a search is on to nab the attackers whose identity has been established.
Kundapur Working Journalists` Association condemned the incident with its President Shashidar Hemmadi demanding that police trace the culprits at the earliest and punish them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery