Scribe attacked for exposing `illegal activities` in Karnataka
Kundapur: A journalist with a Kannada daily was attacked by three persons here for reportedly writing an article on illegal activities in a panchayat, police said.
Ripati Hegde was returning to his residence on his two wheeler late last night when the trio intercepted, abused and assaulted him, Udupi Superintendent of Police M B Boralingaiah said on Sunday.
He was attacked for reportedly writing an article exposing illegal activities in Vandse Gram Panchayat, the SP said.
The reporter has sustained injuries, Boralingaiah said, adding a search is on to nab the attackers whose identity has been established.
Kundapur Working Journalists` Association condemned the incident with its President Shashidar Hemmadi demanding that police trace the culprits at the earliest and punish them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman