Scribe attacked for exposing `illegal activities` in Karnataka
Kundapur: A journalist with a Kannada daily was attacked by three persons here for reportedly writing an article on illegal activities in a panchayat, police said.
Ripati Hegde was returning to his residence on his two wheeler late last night when the trio intercepted, abused and assaulted him, Udupi Superintendent of Police M B Boralingaiah said on Sunday.
He was attacked for reportedly writing an article exposing illegal activities in Vandse Gram Panchayat, the SP said.
The reporter has sustained injuries, Boralingaiah said, adding a search is on to nab the attackers whose identity has been established.
Kundapur Working Journalists` Association condemned the incident with its President Shashidar Hemmadi demanding that police trace the culprits at the earliest and punish them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened