Scribe attacked for exposing `illegal activities` in Karnataka
Kundapur: A journalist with a Kannada daily was attacked by three persons here for reportedly writing an article on illegal activities in a panchayat, police said.
Ripati Hegde was returning to his residence on his two wheeler late last night when the trio intercepted, abused and assaulted him, Udupi Superintendent of Police M B Boralingaiah said on Sunday.
He was attacked for reportedly writing an article exposing illegal activities in Vandse Gram Panchayat, the SP said.
The reporter has sustained injuries, Boralingaiah said, adding a search is on to nab the attackers whose identity has been established.
Kundapur Working Journalists` Association condemned the incident with its President Shashidar Hemmadi demanding that police trace the culprits at the earliest and punish them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test