Scribe attacked for exposing `illegal activities` in Karnataka
Kundapur: A journalist with a Kannada daily was attacked by three persons here for reportedly writing an article on illegal activities in a panchayat, police said.
Ripati Hegde was returning to his residence on his two wheeler late last night when the trio intercepted, abused and assaulted him, Udupi Superintendent of Police M B Boralingaiah said on Sunday.
He was attacked for reportedly writing an article exposing illegal activities in Vandse Gram Panchayat, the SP said.
The reporter has sustained injuries, Boralingaiah said, adding a search is on to nab the attackers whose identity has been established.
Kundapur Working Journalists` Association condemned the incident with its President Shashidar Hemmadi demanding that police trace the culprits at the earliest and punish them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional