Scribes in K’taka demand action in Dey murder
Bangalore: Journalists from various media
associations here on Tuesday condemned the murder of Mumbai-based
veteran crime reporter Jyotirmoy Dey and demanded that the
Maharashtra Government order a CBI inquiry into the incident.
The scribes also demanded an assurance from the Maharashtra
government that firm action would be taken in a specific time
frame in the case.
The journalists, in a letter addressed to Maharashtra
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chauhan, sought an assurance for the
safety of journalist fraternity in Maharashtra and to create
an atmosphere for them to work freely and safely in the state.
The Members of the Bangalore Reporters` Guild, Press Club
of Bangalore, Karnataka Union of Working Journalists, Photo
Journalists Association met at the press club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video