Scribes in K’taka demand action in Dey murder
Bangalore: Journalists from various media
associations here on Tuesday condemned the murder of Mumbai-based
veteran crime reporter Jyotirmoy Dey and demanded that the
Maharashtra Government order a CBI inquiry into the incident.
The scribes also demanded an assurance from the Maharashtra
government that firm action would be taken in a specific time
frame in the case.
The journalists, in a letter addressed to Maharashtra
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chauhan, sought an assurance for the
safety of journalist fraternity in Maharashtra and to create
an atmosphere for them to work freely and safely in the state.
The Members of the Bangalore Reporters` Guild, Press Club
of Bangalore, Karnataka Union of Working Journalists, Photo
Journalists Association met at the press club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next