Scribes mourn Acharya`s demise
Bangalore: Journalists and camera crew from
print and electronic media on Friday observed a minute`s silence
as a mark of respect to Karnataka Minister Dr VS Acharya, who
passed away early this week.
Acharya, who held the Higher Education portfolio in the
BJP ministry, used to brief the media on the cabinet meeting
deliberations for more than two years.
The task of media briefing on cabinet decisions has now
fallen on the Minister for Law and Parliamentary Affairs S
When Kumar requested scribes to observe a minute`s
silence as a mark of respect to Acharya, all of them stood up
and paid homage to the late minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?