Scuffle between scribes and Halappa`s aides
Bangalore: High-drama was witnessed at the
Victoria Hospital here on Friday as a scuffle broke out between
mediapersons and aides of former minister H Halappa, arrested
on rape charge, when he was shifted there today.
Tempers rose and a scuffle followed as the aides of
Halappa allegedly tried to push camerapersons who sought to
take some shots of the former minister arriving at the
hospital under police security.
The window panes of the hospital were also broken during
the melee. Some persons suffered minor injuries, one of the
injured journalists said.
Halappa was arrested in Shimoga on May 9 after his
friend`s wife alleged he had raped her. He was admitted to a
local hospital after he complained of chest pain and shifted
to the state-run Victoria Hospital following permission by a
local court to do so for further treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth