Scuffle between scribes and Halappa`s aides
Bangalore: High-drama was witnessed at the
Victoria Hospital here on Friday as a scuffle broke out between
mediapersons and aides of former minister H Halappa, arrested
on rape charge, when he was shifted there today.
Tempers rose and a scuffle followed as the aides of
Halappa allegedly tried to push camerapersons who sought to
take some shots of the former minister arriving at the
hospital under police security.
The window panes of the hospital were also broken during
the melee. Some persons suffered minor injuries, one of the
injured journalists said.
Halappa was arrested in Shimoga on May 9 after his
friend`s wife alleged he had raped her. He was admitted to a
local hospital after he complained of chest pain and shifted
to the state-run Victoria Hospital following permission by a
local court to do so for further treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'