Scuffle between scribes and Halappa`s aides
Bangalore: High-drama was witnessed at the
Victoria Hospital here on Friday as a scuffle broke out between
mediapersons and aides of former minister H Halappa, arrested
on rape charge, when he was shifted there today.
Tempers rose and a scuffle followed as the aides of
Halappa allegedly tried to push camerapersons who sought to
take some shots of the former minister arriving at the
hospital under police security.
The window panes of the hospital were also broken during
the melee. Some persons suffered minor injuries, one of the
injured journalists said.
Halappa was arrested in Shimoga on May 9 after his
friend`s wife alleged he had raped her. He was admitted to a
local hospital after he complained of chest pain and shifted
to the state-run Victoria Hospital following permission by a
local court to do so for further treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test