Scuffle between scribes and Halappa`s aides
Bangalore: High-drama was witnessed at the
Victoria Hospital here on Friday as a scuffle broke out between
mediapersons and aides of former minister H Halappa, arrested
on rape charge, when he was shifted there today.
Tempers rose and a scuffle followed as the aides of
Halappa allegedly tried to push camerapersons who sought to
take some shots of the former minister arriving at the
hospital under police security.
The window panes of the hospital were also broken during
the melee. Some persons suffered minor injuries, one of the
injured journalists said.
Halappa was arrested in Shimoga on May 9 after his
friend`s wife alleged he had raped her. He was admitted to a
local hospital after he complained of chest pain and shifted
to the state-run Victoria Hospital following permission by a
local court to do so for further treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook