Searches at houses of Deve Gowda`s eldest son
Bangalore: Lokayukta officials Friday
conducted searches at the premises of H D Balakrishna Gowda, eldest son of former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda, in
connection with investigations into the disproportionate
assets case against him.
The searches were conducted at two houses and four
offices of Gowda at Padmanabhanagar and Vijaynagar areas here,
Lokayukta ADGP J V Gaonkar told here.
"Another house was also searched in Mysore," he said.
The searches comes in the wake of Lokayukta Judge NK Sudhindra Rao rapping the investigation officer on October 10 for not filing its report on disproportionate assets case against Gowda and asked him to do so without fail by October 26.
Gowda is facing charges of possessing Rs 70 crore as
disproportionate asset to his known sources of income when he
took voluntary retirement from government service.
SN Balakrishna, retired assistant manager of the state-run Visveswarayya Iron and Steel in his September 22
complaint had charged Gowda with possessing wealth
disproportionate to his known sources of income and prayed for
action under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days