Searches at houses of Deve Gowda`s eldest son
Bangalore: Lokayukta officials Friday
conducted searches at the premises of H D Balakrishna Gowda, eldest son of former Prime Minister H D Deve Gowda, in
connection with investigations into the disproportionate
assets case against him.
The searches were conducted at two houses and four
offices of Gowda at Padmanabhanagar and Vijaynagar areas here,
Lokayukta ADGP J V Gaonkar told here.
"Another house was also searched in Mysore," he said.
The searches comes in the wake of Lokayukta Judge NK Sudhindra Rao rapping the investigation officer on October 10 for not filing its report on disproportionate assets case against Gowda and asked him to do so without fail by October 26.
Gowda is facing charges of possessing Rs 70 crore as
disproportionate asset to his known sources of income when he
took voluntary retirement from government service.
SN Balakrishna, retired assistant manager of the state-run Visveswarayya Iron and Steel in his September 22
complaint had charged Gowda with possessing wealth
disproportionate to his known sources of income and prayed for
action under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25