‘Secret’ letter trouble for Sadananda Gowda
Bangalore: Out of news for a few weeks, BJP’s Karnataka trouble is once again brewing. The latest flash point being Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda’s letter to party president Nitish Gadkari demanding disciplinary action against former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa loyalists in the cabinet.
The presence of such a letter was not known until recently – Gowda admitted to writing the letter three months ago.
However, Gowda seems to have not calculated that his letter will backfire and threaten his survival as the Chief Minister.
Perpetually waiting for the right time to attack Gowda, the BSY camp has demanded that the CM convene BJP legislature party meeting immediately to discuss the issue.
Moreover, the Yeddyurappa camp has launched a signature campaign to exert pressure on the party national leadership to reinstate Yeddyurappa as the chief minister.
As per the DNA, more than 25 MLAs have already signed the letter.
Loyalists of the Lingayat strongman have also pinned their hopes on a favourable verdict by the Supreme Court on the Central Empowered Committee (CEC) recommendation for a CBI probe into the alleged role of Yeddyurappa in the illegal mining scam. The court is expected to deliver its verdict tomorrow.
Meanwhile, Gowda is putting up a brave face. While admitting that he along with BJP state president KS Eshwarappa had indeed written a letter to Gadkari, he said, “It was not a love letter. I have not written even a love letter secretly. I am not worried about the consequences. Moreover, the letter was written three months ago. It has no news value for you now.”
“I had written a letter to the party president considering the situation at that point of time. It’s common to write letters to the party top brass in my capacity as Chief Minister,” he maintained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof