Security beefed up in Bangalore
Bangalore: Security has been stepped up at
vital installations in the IT capital including commercial and
industrial establishments on the eve of the 26/11 Mumbai
terror attacks and an army Commando battalion kept as standby
to assist the local police in case of any untoward incident.
A battalion of Commando Force from the Indian Army has
been stationed at Bangalore to assist the city police to deal
with incidents of terror, a top police official said.
This force can be requisitioned by the police
commissioner in times of exigency, Shankar Bidari police
commissioner said in a statement here today.
"Forming a Commando Force from out of the strength of
city Armed Reserve comprising 200 personnel is also in
progress," he said.
Police is also monitoring movements and activities of
persons suspected to be having links with terror outfits.
Heavy weapons like AK-47 and SLRs have been procured in
adequate numbers besides bullet proof jackets and helmets.
Information and intelligence network to keep surveillance
on activities of suspicious elements having contacts with
terror organisations has also been established, Bidari said.
Close coordination is being maintained with police units
of neighbouring states and other metropolitan cities and also
Central government agencies to combat terrorism.
Thirty-five city police personnel will soon be trained by
the Indo-Tibetan Border Police in anti-terror tactics and will
later be stationed at the IT hub in Whitefield where over four
lakh IT professionals are employed, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks