Send official files in Kannada language: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah has asked the government employees to send official files in Kannada or face action.
The ultimatum was sent by the CM after he refused to sign files in English and reportedly stated that all correspondence should be done in official language of the state.
Siddaramaiah has also instructed the non-Kannada officials to learn the language so that they can use it for official correspondence.
He also said that people in other states including Tamil Nadu love their language and that people in the state have neglected their language.
Kannada Development Authority (KDA) chairman Mukhyamantri Chandru had also sent several recommendation to promote the language.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes