Send official files in Kannada language: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah has asked the government employees to send official files in Kannada or face action.
The ultimatum was sent by the CM after he refused to sign files in English and reportedly stated that all correspondence should be done in official language of the state.
Siddaramaiah has also instructed the non-Kannada officials to learn the language so that they can use it for official correspondence.
He also said that people in other states including Tamil Nadu love their language and that people in the state have neglected their language.
Kannada Development Authority (KDA) chairman Mukhyamantri Chandru had also sent several recommendation to promote the language.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace