Separate secretariat for BCs: CM
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar today announced setting up of a separate secretariat for the Backward Classes for administrative convenience.
The state government would also set up such secretariats at taluk level, Shettar said addressing the gathering on the occasion of the 97th birth anniversary celebrations of former Chief Minister Devraj Urs here.
The government has showed its commitment to the welfare of backward classes by making a high budgetary allocation of Rs 1,000 crore for them, Shettar said.
The backward class secretariat would function under Social Welfare ministry, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress