Separate secretariat for BCs: CM
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar today announced setting up of a separate secretariat for the Backward Classes for administrative convenience.
The state government would also set up such secretariats at taluk level, Shettar said addressing the gathering on the occasion of the 97th birth anniversary celebrations of former Chief Minister Devraj Urs here.
The government has showed its commitment to the welfare of backward classes by making a high budgetary allocation of Rs 1,000 crore for them, Shettar said.
The backward class secretariat would function under Social Welfare ministry, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert