Separate secretariat for BCs: CM
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar today announced setting up of a separate secretariat for the Backward Classes for administrative convenience.
The state government would also set up such secretariats at taluk level, Shettar said addressing the gathering on the occasion of the 97th birth anniversary celebrations of former Chief Minister Devraj Urs here.
The government has showed its commitment to the welfare of backward classes by making a high budgetary allocation of Rs 1,000 crore for them, Shettar said.
The backward class secretariat would function under Social Welfare ministry, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'