Separate secretariat for BCs: CM
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar today announced setting up of a separate secretariat for the Backward Classes for administrative convenience.
The state government would also set up such secretariats at taluk level, Shettar said addressing the gathering on the occasion of the 97th birth anniversary celebrations of former Chief Minister Devraj Urs here.
The government has showed its commitment to the welfare of backward classes by making a high budgetary allocation of Rs 1,000 crore for them, Shettar said.
The backward class secretariat would function under Social Welfare ministry, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!