Separate secretariat for BCs: CM
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar today announced setting up of a separate secretariat for the Backward Classes for administrative convenience.
The state government would also set up such secretariats at taluk level, Shettar said addressing the gathering on the occasion of the 97th birth anniversary celebrations of former Chief Minister Devraj Urs here.
The government has showed its commitment to the welfare of backward classes by making a high budgetary allocation of Rs 1,000 crore for them, Shettar said.
The backward class secretariat would function under Social Welfare ministry, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter