Serial rapist sent to 10-day police custody
Bangalore: Notorious criminal and serial rapist Jaishankar was on Saturday remanded in 10-day police custody by a city court after police said he has to be questioned at length about his dramatic escape from the prison here.
Jaishankar, who was arrested yesterday, five days after he escaped from the high-security central prison here, was produced before the Ninth Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM).
Police sought 10-day custodial interrogation, saying they need to question him regarding his escape and his movements thereafter, ACP (Law and Order) Kamal Pant said.
"Right now, we have taken him to a hospital for treatment as he had sustained injuries on the soles of his feet and hands (during his escape)," he said.
A special team had yesterday arrested 36-year-old Jaishankar at Kudlugate on Hosur road with the help of an informant who received a call from him asking for a vehicle to escape.
Jaishankar, considered a psychopath, who was recently sentenced to 10 years of imprisonment in a trespass, rape and murder case, hails from Kanyapattanam Konasamudra village in Tamil Nadu`s Salem district.
He is facing trial in more than 20 cases in Chennai, Dharmpuri, Hosur, Salem, Tirupattur of Tamil Nadu and Bangalore Rural, Chitradurga, Hiriyur, Kadur, Molakalmur and Tumkur in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie