Services of 14,000 daily wagers in Karnataka to be regularised
Bangalore: The Karnataka cabinet has in-principle decided to regularise more than 14,000 daily wage workers, state minister Vishweshwar Hegde Kageri said on Thursday.
"The cabinet has in-principle taken a very important decision to regularise more than 14,000 daily wage workers in government and quasi-government departments," Kageri told reporters after a cabinet meeting.
The decision was based on the recommendations of the Cabinet subcommittee for regularisation of services of the daily wagers, Kageri said.
The cabinet has given all powers to Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar to finalise the draft on regularisation of daily wage workers and bring it into the state assembly in the form of a bill, Kageri said.
On the garbage problem in Bangalore, Kageri said the cabinet has approved 40.9 acre land at Kodiyalakerenahalli in Ramanagaram district for disposal of waste.
Kageri said the cabinet also discussed the proposals of twelve institutions to be converted into deemed universities.
He said the cabinet has given in-principle approval for setting up the National Investment and Manufacturing Zone (NIMZ) in Tumkur district.
Kageri claimed that the NIMZ would help farmers of the district as they would get good rates for their agricultural produce.
The cabinet also decided to give students belonging to the Jain community pre-metric and metric scholarships, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata