Services of 14,000 daily wagers in Karnataka to be regularised
Bangalore: The Karnataka cabinet has in-principle decided to regularise more than 14,000 daily wage workers, state minister Vishweshwar Hegde Kageri said on Thursday.
"The cabinet has in-principle taken a very important decision to regularise more than 14,000 daily wage workers in government and quasi-government departments," Kageri told reporters after a cabinet meeting.
The decision was based on the recommendations of the Cabinet subcommittee for regularisation of services of the daily wagers, Kageri said.
The cabinet has given all powers to Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar to finalise the draft on regularisation of daily wage workers and bring it into the state assembly in the form of a bill, Kageri said.
On the garbage problem in Bangalore, Kageri said the cabinet has approved 40.9 acre land at Kodiyalakerenahalli in Ramanagaram district for disposal of waste.
Kageri said the cabinet also discussed the proposals of twelve institutions to be converted into deemed universities.
He said the cabinet has given in-principle approval for setting up the National Investment and Manufacturing Zone (NIMZ) in Tumkur district.
Kageri claimed that the NIMZ would help farmers of the district as they would get good rates for their agricultural produce.
The cabinet also decided to give students belonging to the Jain community pre-metric and metric scholarships, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery