Services of 14,000 daily wagers in Karnataka to be regularised
Bangalore: The Karnataka cabinet has in-principle decided to regularise more than 14,000 daily wage workers, state minister Vishweshwar Hegde Kageri said on Thursday.
"The cabinet has in-principle taken a very important decision to regularise more than 14,000 daily wage workers in government and quasi-government departments," Kageri told reporters after a cabinet meeting.
The decision was based on the recommendations of the Cabinet subcommittee for regularisation of services of the daily wagers, Kageri said.
The cabinet has given all powers to Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar to finalise the draft on regularisation of daily wage workers and bring it into the state assembly in the form of a bill, Kageri said.
On the garbage problem in Bangalore, Kageri said the cabinet has approved 40.9 acre land at Kodiyalakerenahalli in Ramanagaram district for disposal of waste.
Kageri said the cabinet also discussed the proposals of twelve institutions to be converted into deemed universities.
He said the cabinet has given in-principle approval for setting up the National Investment and Manufacturing Zone (NIMZ) in Tumkur district.
Kageri claimed that the NIMZ would help farmers of the district as they would get good rates for their agricultural produce.
The cabinet also decided to give students belonging to the Jain community pre-metric and metric scholarships, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested