Services of 14,000 daily wagers in Karnataka to be regularised
Bangalore: The Karnataka cabinet has in-principle decided to regularise more than 14,000 daily wage workers, state minister Vishweshwar Hegde Kageri said on Thursday.
"The cabinet has in-principle taken a very important decision to regularise more than 14,000 daily wage workers in government and quasi-government departments," Kageri told reporters after a cabinet meeting.
The decision was based on the recommendations of the Cabinet subcommittee for regularisation of services of the daily wagers, Kageri said.
The cabinet has given all powers to Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar to finalise the draft on regularisation of daily wage workers and bring it into the state assembly in the form of a bill, Kageri said.
On the garbage problem in Bangalore, Kageri said the cabinet has approved 40.9 acre land at Kodiyalakerenahalli in Ramanagaram district for disposal of waste.
Kageri said the cabinet also discussed the proposals of twelve institutions to be converted into deemed universities.
He said the cabinet has given in-principle approval for setting up the National Investment and Manufacturing Zone (NIMZ) in Tumkur district.
Kageri claimed that the NIMZ would help farmers of the district as they would get good rates for their agricultural produce.
The cabinet also decided to give students belonging to the Jain community pre-metric and metric scholarships, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack