Services of 14,000 daily wagers in Karnataka to be regularised
Bangalore: The Karnataka cabinet has in-principle decided to regularise more than 14,000 daily wage workers, state minister Vishweshwar Hegde Kageri said on Thursday.
"The cabinet has in-principle taken a very important decision to regularise more than 14,000 daily wage workers in government and quasi-government departments," Kageri told reporters after a cabinet meeting.
The decision was based on the recommendations of the Cabinet subcommittee for regularisation of services of the daily wagers, Kageri said.
The cabinet has given all powers to Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar to finalise the draft on regularisation of daily wage workers and bring it into the state assembly in the form of a bill, Kageri said.
On the garbage problem in Bangalore, Kageri said the cabinet has approved 40.9 acre land at Kodiyalakerenahalli in Ramanagaram district for disposal of waste.
Kageri said the cabinet also discussed the proposals of twelve institutions to be converted into deemed universities.
He said the cabinet has given in-principle approval for setting up the National Investment and Manufacturing Zone (NIMZ) in Tumkur district.
Kageri claimed that the NIMZ would help farmers of the district as they would get good rates for their agricultural produce.
The cabinet also decided to give students belonging to the Jain community pre-metric and metric scholarships, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India