Seven-year-old girl raped in Bangalore; youth held
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: Days after the case of gang-rape of a six-year-old student at an elite school here came to light, another sexual assault case of a seven-year-old has stunned the tech city.
A youth was arrested on Wednesday for allegedly raping the minor at his home in northwest suburb on July 25, police said.
"We have arrested the accused, Srinivas, after interrogating him in detention on a complaint filed by the victim`s parents in the local police station Tuesday night," deputy commissioner of police (DCP-West) Labhu Ram told a news agency.
"The incident happened when the victim was at the culprit`s home alone after his mother brought her from school and went out," Ram said, quoting from the complaint.
The minor was taken to a state-run hospital in the city for a medical test to verify about the sexual assault on her.
The latest incident comes weeks after a six-year-old student was allegedly raped in Vibgyor High School in the city`s southwest suburb by two gymnastic coaches, which led to public outrage and massive protests by parents, youth and women`s organisations.
The accused coaches were arrested on Tuesday and sent to judicial remand.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’