Seven-year-old girl raped in Bangalore; youth held
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: Days after the case of gang-rape of a six-year-old student at an elite school here came to light, another sexual assault case of a seven-year-old has stunned the tech city.
A youth was arrested on Wednesday for allegedly raping the minor at his home in northwest suburb on July 25, police said.
"We have arrested the accused, Srinivas, after interrogating him in detention on a complaint filed by the victim`s parents in the local police station Tuesday night," deputy commissioner of police (DCP-West) Labhu Ram told a news agency.
"The incident happened when the victim was at the culprit`s home alone after his mother brought her from school and went out," Ram said, quoting from the complaint.
The minor was taken to a state-run hospital in the city for a medical test to verify about the sexual assault on her.
The latest incident comes weeks after a six-year-old student was allegedly raped in Vibgyor High School in the city`s southwest suburb by two gymnastic coaches, which led to public outrage and massive protests by parents, youth and women`s organisations.
The accused coaches were arrested on Tuesday and sent to judicial remand.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal