Seven-year-old girl raped, killed
Mandya: A seven-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered after being abducted in the district, police said on Saturday.
The body of the girl, a first standard student, was found buried partially in a nearby sugarcane field this morning.
After returning home from school yesterday, the girl had gone out to answer the nature`s call, when she was abducted by unidentified miscreants near Pandavapura taluk, police officials said.
As she did not return home till late in the evening, her parents and other villagers went in search of her, but could not find her, they said, adding that some passers by noticed human legs protruding out of the loose mud at a sugarcane field nearby and alerted other villagers.
The body was later exhumed and was found to be that of the missing girl, police said.
"Preliminary probe indicated that the girl had been raped and murdered," DySP Geetha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise
- Tour de France 2016: Chris Froome on brink of 3rd title as Ion Izaguirre wins penultimate stage