Seven-year-old girl raped, killed
Mandya: A seven-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered after being abducted in the district, police said on Saturday.
The body of the girl, a first standard student, was found buried partially in a nearby sugarcane field this morning.
After returning home from school yesterday, the girl had gone out to answer the nature`s call, when she was abducted by unidentified miscreants near Pandavapura taluk, police officials said.
As she did not return home till late in the evening, her parents and other villagers went in search of her, but could not find her, they said, adding that some passers by noticed human legs protruding out of the loose mud at a sugarcane field nearby and alerted other villagers.
The body was later exhumed and was found to be that of the missing girl, police said.
"Preliminary probe indicated that the girl had been raped and murdered," DySP Geetha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog