Seven-year-old girl raped, killed
Mandya: A seven-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered after being abducted in the district, police said on Saturday.
The body of the girl, a first standard student, was found buried partially in a nearby sugarcane field this morning.
After returning home from school yesterday, the girl had gone out to answer the nature`s call, when she was abducted by unidentified miscreants near Pandavapura taluk, police officials said.
As she did not return home till late in the evening, her parents and other villagers went in search of her, but could not find her, they said, adding that some passers by noticed human legs protruding out of the loose mud at a sugarcane field nearby and alerted other villagers.
The body was later exhumed and was found to be that of the missing girl, police said.
"Preliminary probe indicated that the girl had been raped and murdered," DySP Geetha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'