Sexual harassment case against BJP Corporator
Bangalore: A ruling BJP city corporator was
on Thursday booked by police on charges of sexual harassment of a
40-year Dalit woman and verbal abuse of her father in the name
of his caste.
The case against Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP)
councillor from Kalavabyrasandra ward Nagaraj was registered
on a complaint by BJP activist Dsappa under provisions of the
Indian Penal Code and SC-ST Atrocities Act, police said.
Dasappa has alleged that the corporator recently sexually
harassed his 40-year old married daughter besides verbally
abusing him in the name of his caste.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube