Sexual harassment case against BJP Corporator
Bangalore: A ruling BJP city corporator was
Thursday booked by police on charges of sexual harassment of a
40-year Dalit woman and verbal abuse of her father in the name
of his caste.
The case against Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP)
councillor from Kalavabyrasandra ward Nagaraj was registered
on a complaint by BJP activist Dsappa under provisions of the
Indian Penal Code and SC-ST Atrocities Act, police said.
Dasappa has alleged that the corporator recently sexually
harassed his 40-year old married daughter besides verbally
abusing him in the name of his caste.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert