Sexual harassment case against BJP Corporator
Bangalore: A ruling BJP city corporator was
Thursday booked by police on charges of sexual harassment of a
40-year Dalit woman and verbal abuse of her father in the name
of his caste.
The case against Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP)
councillor from Kalavabyrasandra ward Nagaraj was registered
on a complaint by BJP activist Dsappa under provisions of the
Indian Penal Code and SC-ST Atrocities Act, police said.
Dasappa has alleged that the corporator recently sexually
harassed his 40-year old married daughter besides verbally
abusing him in the name of his caste.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons