Shankar Bidari’s case goes to HC Chief Justice
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court today referred to the Chief Justice, the writ petition filed by former DGP Shankar Mahadev Bidari, seeking reinstatement as Director General of Police.
The division bench, comprising Justices N Kumar and H S Kempanna referred the matter to the Chief Justice, considering Bidari`s application, asking the bench not to hear the matter and place it before the Chief Justice.
Earlier, the bench observed it was ready to hear the matter and had been constituted for the very purpose but was referring it to the CJ in view of the application filed.
Bidari had filed the petition in the wake of the recent Supreme Court verdict directing the Karnataka High Court to review the case.
On April 24 the Apex Court had stayed the High Court order quashing Bidari`s appointment as Director General of Police.
Bidari is due to retire from service on May 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?