Shettar charges Yeddyurappa with openly supporting Cong
Gulbarga: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Sunday charged KJP president BS Yeddyurappa with openly supporting Congress in the March 07 urban local body polls to free himself from CBI cases over his alleged involvement in illegal mining.
"Yeddyurappa is under the tight grip of Congress due to CBI cases and wants to come out of it. Hence he is openly supporting Congress in the March 07 urban body polls," he told reporters here.
Shettar alleged that Yeddyurappa does not mind Karnataka Janata Party candidates losing the polls, but is coaxing people to vote for Congress to trounce the ruling BJP.
"This clearly shows he is under the tight grip of the Congress," he alleged.
Yeddyurappa had said yesterday that his KJP would support Congress in all wards where it did not contest and urged his supporters to work for Congress candidates in such segments to defeat BJP and Janata Dal.
Shettar was speaking after a BJP road show in the run up to the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video