Shettar charges Yeddyurappa with openly supporting Cong
Gulbarga: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Sunday charged KJP president BS Yeddyurappa with openly supporting Congress in the March 07 urban local body polls to free himself from CBI cases over his alleged involvement in illegal mining.
"Yeddyurappa is under the tight grip of Congress due to CBI cases and wants to come out of it. Hence he is openly supporting Congress in the March 07 urban body polls," he told reporters here.
Shettar alleged that Yeddyurappa does not mind Karnataka Janata Party candidates losing the polls, but is coaxing people to vote for Congress to trounce the ruling BJP.
"This clearly shows he is under the tight grip of the Congress," he alleged.
Yeddyurappa had said yesterday that his KJP would support Congress in all wards where it did not contest and urged his supporters to work for Congress candidates in such segments to defeat BJP and Janata Dal.
Shettar was speaking after a BJP road show in the run up to the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore