Shettar govt has lost right to present 2013 budget
Gulbarga: Disgruntled with Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar`s move to drop KJP supporters from various boards, party president B S Yeddyurappa on Sunday said the BJP government has lost the right to present the next year`s budget as it was losing numbers with each passing day.
"Shettar`s government is losing majority day-by-day and he has no right to present next year`s budget," Yeddyurappa told reporters here.
Yeddyurappa said people of North Karnataka could be happy if the Assembly was dissolved as "he is not doing good to the region" by dropping Karnataka Janata Party supporters from various boards and corporations.
"Otherwise they would have helped doing good work to North Karnataka region in their respective capacities," he said.
Last year, Yeddyurappa has taken around 60 legislators to a holiday resort threatening to destabilise the government when D V Sadananda Gowda was about to present the budget. The Lingayat strongman, however, took back the step after a meeting with RSS leaders.
On BJP leader H N Ananth Kumar describing Yeddyurappa`s announcement that KJP would take a call on January four on whether the Jagadish Shettar-headed ministry should continue in office or not as nothing but "media headline", the Lingayat strongman, who quit BJP nearly a month ago, said the former Union Minister will know about it in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Hillary Clinton would be Democratic nominee: Feinstein
- Israel media: Police recommend indicting Netanyahu's wife
- Watch video: Giant Gorilla shot and killed to save 4-year-old child!
- AAP MLA Jagdeep Singh arrested on assault charges, later released on bail
- Red Bull apologise to Daniel Ricciardo for pit-stop bungle at Monaco