Shettar holds discussions on CRA with Krishna
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Tuesday called on External Affairs Minister SM Krishna and held talks on the Cauvery River Authority meeting at Delhi tomorrow, sources said.
Shettar was accompanied by water Resources Minister Basavaraj Bommai, they said.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will chair the CRA meeting for the first time in nine years tomorrow primarily to discuss Tamil Nadu`s demand that Karnataka release water from Cauvery river to save the crops that depend on it.
The sources said the Chief Minister also greeted Krishna on the occasion of Ganesh Chathurthi festival.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata