Shettar holds discussions on CRA with Krishna
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Tuesday called on External Affairs Minister SM Krishna and held talks on the Cauvery River Authority meeting at Delhi tomorrow, sources said.
Shettar was accompanied by water Resources Minister Basavaraj Bommai, they said.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will chair the CRA meeting for the first time in nine years tomorrow primarily to discuss Tamil Nadu`s demand that Karnataka release water from Cauvery river to save the crops that depend on it.
The sources said the Chief Minister also greeted Krishna on the occasion of Ganesh Chathurthi festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore