Shettar holds discussions on CRA with Krishna
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Tuesday called on External Affairs Minister SM Krishna and held talks on the Cauvery River Authority meeting at Delhi tomorrow, sources said.
Shettar was accompanied by water Resources Minister Basavaraj Bommai, they said.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will chair the CRA meeting for the first time in nine years tomorrow primarily to discuss Tamil Nadu`s demand that Karnataka release water from Cauvery river to save the crops that depend on it.
The sources said the Chief Minister also greeted Krishna on the occasion of Ganesh Chathurthi festival.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference