Shettar holds discussions on CRA with Krishna
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Tuesday called on External Affairs Minister SM Krishna and held talks on the Cauvery River Authority meeting at Delhi tomorrow, sources said.
Shettar was accompanied by water Resources Minister Basavaraj Bommai, they said.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will chair the CRA meeting for the first time in nine years tomorrow primarily to discuss Tamil Nadu`s demand that Karnataka release water from Cauvery river to save the crops that depend on it.
The sources said the Chief Minister also greeted Krishna on the occasion of Ganesh Chathurthi festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest