Shettar pitches for inclusion of Reddys in cabinet
Dharwad: Rural Development and Panchayat Raj
Minister Jagadish Shettar on Monday urged the BJP central
leadership to induct controversial Reddy brothers into Chief
Minister D V Sadananda Gowda`s Ministry.
"Reddy brothers must be inducted into the ministry as they
have strived hard to build the BJP in the state," Shettar, who
lost the Chiefministership to Gowda in a secret ballot, said.
Karunakara Reddy and Janardhana Reddy, who were indicted
along with former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa in the
Lokayukta report on the illegal mining issue, have been kept
out of the Gowda ministry till date.
Gowda, sworn-in as chief minister on August 4, has still
kept seven ministerial berths vacant, keeping the hopes of
many ministerial aspirants alive.
He had inducted 21 ministers in the first phase of cabinet
expansion on August 8 and five more on August 11.
Asked what would be the next course of action if Reddy
brothers were not inducted into the ministry, Shettar said,
"Please wait and see ... a decision will be taken in this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal