Shettar pitches for inclusion of Reddys in cabinet
Dharwad: Rural Development and Panchayat Raj
Minister Jagadish Shettar on Monday urged the BJP central
leadership to induct controversial Reddy brothers into Chief
Minister D V Sadananda Gowda`s Ministry.
"Reddy brothers must be inducted into the ministry as they
have strived hard to build the BJP in the state," Shettar, who
lost the Chiefministership to Gowda in a secret ballot, said.
Karunakara Reddy and Janardhana Reddy, who were indicted
along with former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa in the
Lokayukta report on the illegal mining issue, have been kept
out of the Gowda ministry till date.
Gowda, sworn-in as chief minister on August 4, has still
kept seven ministerial berths vacant, keeping the hopes of
many ministerial aspirants alive.
He had inducted 21 ministers in the first phase of cabinet
expansion on August 8 and five more on August 11.
Asked what would be the next course of action if Reddy
brothers were not inducted into the ministry, Shettar said,
"Please wait and see ... a decision will be taken in this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon