Shettar pitches for inclusion of Reddys in cabinet
Dharwad: Rural Development and Panchayat Raj
Minister Jagadish Shettar on Monday urged the BJP central
leadership to induct controversial Reddy brothers into Chief
Minister D V Sadananda Gowda`s Ministry.
"Reddy brothers must be inducted into the ministry as they
have strived hard to build the BJP in the state," Shettar, who
lost the Chiefministership to Gowda in a secret ballot, said.
Karunakara Reddy and Janardhana Reddy, who were indicted
along with former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa in the
Lokayukta report on the illegal mining issue, have been kept
out of the Gowda ministry till date.
Gowda, sworn-in as chief minister on August 4, has still
kept seven ministerial berths vacant, keeping the hopes of
many ministerial aspirants alive.
He had inducted 21 ministers in the first phase of cabinet
expansion on August 8 and five more on August 11.
Asked what would be the next course of action if Reddy
brothers were not inducted into the ministry, Shettar said,
"Please wait and see ... a decision will be taken in this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parsi population dips by 18 per cent between 2001-2011
- Sebastian Vettel supports world champions Lewis Hamilton over yellow-flag row with Nico Rosberg
- Viral video: Indian girl pranks mother by saying she's lesbian, see what happens next – Must Watch
- President Pranab Mukherjee has been guardian, mentor to me: PM Modi
- Ridiculously funny video: Man shows his dance moves in middle of busy Mumbai street - Watch