Shettar retains key departments like Finance, Mines
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Sunday allocated portfolios to his ministers and retained key departments like Finance and Mines and Geology with him.
Shettar has allowed the ministers who served in the previous D V Sadananda Gowda ministry to retain portfolios held by them.
He was sworn in as chief minister on July 12 as the head of a 34-member ministry with state party unit chief K S Eshwarappa, and R Ashoka being made deputy chief ministers.
Eshwarappa has been allocated Revenue Department excluding Haj & Wakf and Muzarai; Rural Development and Panchayat Raj including Rural Development Engineering Department and Rural Water Supply & Sanitation.
Ashoka has been made responsible for Transport and Home Department excluding Intelligence Wing and Prisons. Shettar is handling Intelligence.
Govind M Karjol has been entrusted with Minor Irrigation from Water Resources Department, and R Suresh Kumar with Law, Justice and Human Rights; C M Udasi with Public Works Department excluding ports and Inland Water Transport Department.
Among other portfolio allocations, Visweswara Hegde Kageri has been entrusted with Primary and Secondary Education from Education Department excluding Mass Education and Public Libraries.
Earlier at Mysore, Shettar dismissed reports that he had gone to Delhi to get approval from the BJP high command for the portfolio allocation, saying he had been there only to express gratitude to the central leaders after assuming office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing