Shettar retains key departments like Finance, Mines
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Sunday allocated portfolios to his ministers and retained key departments like Finance and Mines and Geology with him.
Shettar has allowed the ministers who served in the previous D V Sadananda Gowda ministry to retain portfolios held by them.
He was sworn in as chief minister on July 12 as the head of a 34-member ministry with state party unit chief K S Eshwarappa, and R Ashoka being made deputy chief ministers.
Eshwarappa has been allocated Revenue Department excluding Haj & Wakf and Muzarai; Rural Development and Panchayat Raj including Rural Development Engineering Department and Rural Water Supply & Sanitation.
Ashoka has been made responsible for Transport and Home Department excluding Intelligence Wing and Prisons. Shettar is handling Intelligence.
Govind M Karjol has been entrusted with Minor Irrigation from Water Resources Department, and R Suresh Kumar with Law, Justice and Human Rights; C M Udasi with Public Works Department excluding ports and Inland Water Transport Department.
Among other portfolio allocations, Visweswara Hegde Kageri has been entrusted with Primary and Secondary Education from Education Department excluding Mass Education and Public Libraries.
Earlier at Mysore, Shettar dismissed reports that he had gone to Delhi to get approval from the BJP high command for the portfolio allocation, saying he had been there only to express gratitude to the central leaders after assuming office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender