Shettar retains key departments like Finance, Mines
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Sunday allocated portfolios to his ministers and retained key departments like Finance and Mines and Geology with him.
Shettar has allowed the ministers who served in the previous D V Sadananda Gowda ministry to retain portfolios held by them.
He was sworn in as chief minister on July 12 as the head of a 34-member ministry with state party unit chief K S Eshwarappa, and R Ashoka being made deputy chief ministers.
Eshwarappa has been allocated Revenue Department excluding Haj & Wakf and Muzarai; Rural Development and Panchayat Raj including Rural Development Engineering Department and Rural Water Supply & Sanitation.
Ashoka has been made responsible for Transport and Home Department excluding Intelligence Wing and Prisons. Shettar is handling Intelligence.
Govind M Karjol has been entrusted with Minor Irrigation from Water Resources Department, and R Suresh Kumar with Law, Justice and Human Rights; C M Udasi with Public Works Department excluding ports and Inland Water Transport Department.
Among other portfolio allocations, Visweswara Hegde Kageri has been entrusted with Primary and Secondary Education from Education Department excluding Mass Education and Public Libraries.
Earlier at Mysore, Shettar dismissed reports that he had gone to Delhi to get approval from the BJP high command for the portfolio allocation, saying he had been there only to express gratitude to the central leaders after assuming office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today
- Kejriwal, Mamata to attend Mother Teresa's canonization in Rome on Sept 4