Shettar rubbishes land denotification complaint
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar today rubbished a private complaint filed against him in the Lokayukta court alleging irregularities in land notification by him six years ago.
"It`s a false case. I will take legal action," he told reporters here when asked about the private complaint filed by a city-based social activist in the court yesterday.
The complaint filed before Lokayukta Judge N K Sundhindra Rao alleged Shettar denotified 178 acre land in 2006 as Revenue Minister, violating rules that caused a revenue loss of Rs 250 crore to the state exchequer.
The complainant S M Chethan pleaded for action under the provisions of Prevention of Corruption Act against Shettar. The Judge has posted the complaint to July 21 for orders on probe.
The complainant alleged Shettar without cabinet approval had in 2006 denotified 178 acres out of 376 acres acquired for establishing a single roof mega farmers market at Dasanapura near here on applications by some land sharks along with farmers who owned the land.
This caused a loss of Rs 250 crore to the state exchequer at the present market value of the land, he alleged, adding that the project was never implemented.
Shettar along with the then Special Land Acquisition Officer and the then Director of Agriculture Marketing Board are named in the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- US, North Korea trade barbs over nuclear weapon tests
- Palestinians seek to sue Britain over 1917 vow to Jews
- PM Modi should also be suspended from House for 'inviting ISI to Pathankot', says AAP MP Bhagwant Mann
- MASSIVE! Italian giants Juventus complete USD 104 million transfer of Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli
- Odisha govt has "nexus" with Maoists: BJP probe team