Shettar seeks BJP leadership`s guidance on cabinet expansion
New Delhi: Faced with rebellion in the party`s state unit on the issue of portfolio distribution, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Saturday met BJP President Nitin Gadkari and other central leaders to seek guidance on cabinet expansion.
Accompanied by Deputy Chief Minister R Ashok, Shettar also met senior BJP leaders including L K Advani, Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj at Gadkari`s residence here.
BJP`s Karnataka state in-charge Dharmendra Pradhan were present in the meeting.
"There are no differences...No problem. Regarding the portfolio... We are united. We will announce all the portfolios as early as possible," Shettar told reporters after the meeting.
His meetings with the senior leaders also came after 12 disgruntled legislators, who failed to get ministerial berths, met under the leadership of former minister and mining magnate Karunakara Reddy here.
The issue escalated further with two MLAs S Angara, representing Sullia assembly segment, and Halady Srinivasa Shetty from Kundapur assembly constituency announced their decision to quit over the issue.
Sources said there are differences between Shettar and Ashok over portfolio.
Shettar, who took over along with two Deputy Chief Ministers, Ashok and KS Easwarappa, has included 21 Ministers from the previous Sadananda Gowda government in his cabinet. The Ministry with 12 new Ministers has 34 members, including the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda