Shettar seeks BJP leadership`s guidance on cabinet expansion
New Delhi: Faced with rebellion in the party`s state unit on the issue of portfolio distribution, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Saturday met BJP President Nitin Gadkari and other central leaders to seek guidance on cabinet expansion.
Accompanied by Deputy Chief Minister R Ashok, Shettar also met senior BJP leaders including L K Advani, Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj at Gadkari`s residence here.
BJP`s Karnataka state in-charge Dharmendra Pradhan were present in the meeting.
"There are no differences...No problem. Regarding the portfolio... We are united. We will announce all the portfolios as early as possible," Shettar told reporters after the meeting.
His meetings with the senior leaders also came after 12 disgruntled legislators, who failed to get ministerial berths, met under the leadership of former minister and mining magnate Karunakara Reddy here.
The issue escalated further with two MLAs S Angara, representing Sullia assembly segment, and Halady Srinivasa Shetty from Kundapur assembly constituency announced their decision to quit over the issue.
Sources said there are differences between Shettar and Ashok over portfolio.
Shettar, who took over along with two Deputy Chief Ministers, Ashok and KS Easwarappa, has included 21 Ministers from the previous Sadananda Gowda government in his cabinet. The Ministry with 12 new Ministers has 34 members, including the Chief Minister.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan