Shettar seeks BJP leadership`s guidance on cabinet expansion
New Delhi: Faced with rebellion in the party`s state unit on the issue of portfolio distribution, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Saturday met BJP President Nitin Gadkari and other central leaders to seek guidance on cabinet expansion.
Accompanied by Deputy Chief Minister R Ashok, Shettar also met senior BJP leaders including L K Advani, Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj at Gadkari`s residence here.
BJP`s Karnataka state in-charge Dharmendra Pradhan were present in the meeting.
"There are no differences...No problem. Regarding the portfolio... We are united. We will announce all the portfolios as early as possible," Shettar told reporters after the meeting.
His meetings with the senior leaders also came after 12 disgruntled legislators, who failed to get ministerial berths, met under the leadership of former minister and mining magnate Karunakara Reddy here.
The issue escalated further with two MLAs S Angara, representing Sullia assembly segment, and Halady Srinivasa Shetty from Kundapur assembly constituency announced their decision to quit over the issue.
Sources said there are differences between Shettar and Ashok over portfolio.
Shettar, who took over along with two Deputy Chief Ministers, Ashok and KS Easwarappa, has included 21 Ministers from the previous Sadananda Gowda government in his cabinet. The Ministry with 12 new Ministers has 34 members, including the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir