Shettar seeks BJP leadership`s guidance on cabinet expansion
New Delhi: Faced with rebellion in the party`s state unit on the issue of portfolio distribution, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Saturday met BJP President Nitin Gadkari and other central leaders to seek guidance on cabinet expansion.
Accompanied by Deputy Chief Minister R Ashok, Shettar also met senior BJP leaders including L K Advani, Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj at Gadkari`s residence here.
BJP`s Karnataka state in-charge Dharmendra Pradhan were present in the meeting.
"There are no differences...No problem. Regarding the portfolio... We are united. We will announce all the portfolios as early as possible," Shettar told reporters after the meeting.
His meetings with the senior leaders also came after 12 disgruntled legislators, who failed to get ministerial berths, met under the leadership of former minister and mining magnate Karunakara Reddy here.
The issue escalated further with two MLAs S Angara, representing Sullia assembly segment, and Halady Srinivasa Shetty from Kundapur assembly constituency announced their decision to quit over the issue.
Sources said there are differences between Shettar and Ashok over portfolio.
Shettar, who took over along with two Deputy Chief Ministers, Ashok and KS Easwarappa, has included 21 Ministers from the previous Sadananda Gowda government in his cabinet. The Ministry with 12 new Ministers has 34 members, including the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi