Shias hold rally, asks Assad to protect shrines in Syria
Bangalore: Shia Muslims here on Friday requested Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and the UN to protect all shrines in that country following the Free Syrian Army`s attack on holy shrine of Bibi Zainab (AS), grand-daughter of Prophet Mohammad (saws), in Damascus on July 19.
"We urge Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and United Nations to protect holy shrines in Syria. They are places where Allah`s name is remembered and they should be protected," Anjuman-E-Immia and Masjid-E-Askari General Secretary Amir Ali Badami told reporters after a protest rally condemning the attacks.
Badami alleged that the Free Syrian army is an "evil nexus" of the Americans, the Israelis and Al-Saud Family, "which is destroying the very fragment of humanity."
A protest rally was held by Shia Muslims against the attack on holy shrine of Bibi Zainab (AS) in Damascus. The rally which started from a Shia mosque in the city culminated at an open space half-a-kilometre away.
The speakers denounced the attack on holy sites in Syria and said a joint plan of action is necessary to protect the sites that are holy for all sects of Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India