Shivraj Patil sworn in as new Karnataka Lokayukta
Bangalore: Former Supreme Court judge
Shivaraj V Patil was today sworn in as new Karnataka Lokayukta
by Governor H R Bhardwaj.
Retired Karnataka High Court judge R Gurarajan was
also sworn in as new Upalokayukta at a function in Raj Bhavan.
Patil succeeds Santosh Hegde, whose term as Lokayukta
Earlier, Shivaraj Patil had probed the procedures
followed in allocation of telecom spectrum in 2001-09
following the 2G spectrum scandal.
He also served as Chief Justice of Rajasthan High
Court, as well as the Acting Chairman of the National Human
Those present on the occasion included outgoing chief
minister B S Yeddyurappa, Home Minister V S Acharya, former
Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde, Upalokayukta S B Majage,
DGP Neelam Achutha Rao and Chief Secretary S V Ranganath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown