Shivraj Patil sworn in as new Karnataka Lokayukta
Bangalore: Former Supreme Court judge
Shivaraj V Patil was today sworn in as new Karnataka Lokayukta
by Governor H R Bhardwaj.
Retired Karnataka High Court judge R Gurarajan was
also sworn in as new Upalokayukta at a function in Raj Bhavan.
Patil succeeds Santosh Hegde, whose term as Lokayukta
Earlier, Shivaraj Patil had probed the procedures
followed in allocation of telecom spectrum in 2001-09
following the 2G spectrum scandal.
He also served as Chief Justice of Rajasthan High
Court, as well as the Acting Chairman of the National Human
Those present on the occasion included outgoing chief
minister B S Yeddyurappa, Home Minister V S Acharya, former
Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde, Upalokayukta S B Majage,
DGP Neelam Achutha Rao and Chief Secretary S V Ranganath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list