Shivraj Patil sworn in as new Karnataka Lokayukta
Bangalore: Former Supreme Court judge
Shivaraj V Patil was today sworn in as new Karnataka Lokayukta
by Governor H R Bhardwaj.
Retired Karnataka High Court judge R Gurarajan was
also sworn in as new Upalokayukta at a function in Raj Bhavan.
Patil succeeds Santosh Hegde, whose term as Lokayukta
Earlier, Shivaraj Patil had probed the procedures
followed in allocation of telecom spectrum in 2001-09
following the 2G spectrum scandal.
He also served as Chief Justice of Rajasthan High
Court, as well as the Acting Chairman of the National Human
Those present on the occasion included outgoing chief
minister B S Yeddyurappa, Home Minister V S Acharya, former
Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde, Upalokayukta S B Majage,
DGP Neelam Achutha Rao and Chief Secretary S V Ranganath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US military confirms 14 new civilian deaths in Iraq, Syria
- Trump, Clinton to be given intelligence briefings: US officials
- Russia announces aid operation for Syria`s besieged Aleppo
- Democratic National Convention: In speech of her life, Hillary Clinton to say 'US at moment of reckoning'
- Security agencies have advised PM Modi to speak from within bulletproof enclosure on Independence Day: Report