Shobha Karandlaje likely to be axed from the ministry
Bangalore: Karnataka Energy Minister Shobha Karandlaje, who is under the eye of a storm for her outbursts over safety of women in the state, is likely to be axed from the ministry, according to BJP sources.
There was a demand for dropping Shobha, considered close to KJP chief B S Yeddyurappa, from the ministry with immediate effect at the BJP Core Committee meeting held here, sources said.
Sources said Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar has already sounded Shobha that she was free to air her views against the government after quitting the ministry.
Shobha two days ago shot off a letter to Shettar demanding steps to ensure protection to women against the backdrop of a spate of rape cases reported in the state.
The law and order has crumbled in the state and at least 20 rape cases have been reported in the last two months, Shobha had alleged in her letter.
Shobha is a hardcore supporter of Yeddyurappa and had even hinted at resigning from the ministry to take active role in the new party.
Shettar last month sacked Yeddyurappa loyalist B J Puttaswamy from the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official