Shobha Karandlaje likely to be axed from the ministry
Bangalore: Karnataka Energy Minister Shobha Karandlaje, who is under the eye of a storm for her outbursts over safety of women in the state, is likely to be axed from the ministry, according to BJP sources.
There was a demand for dropping Shobha, considered close to KJP chief B S Yeddyurappa, from the ministry with immediate effect at the BJP Core Committee meeting held here, sources said.
Sources said Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar has already sounded Shobha that she was free to air her views against the government after quitting the ministry.
Shobha two days ago shot off a letter to Shettar demanding steps to ensure protection to women against the backdrop of a spate of rape cases reported in the state.
The law and order has crumbled in the state and at least 20 rape cases have been reported in the last two months, Shobha had alleged in her letter.
Shobha is a hardcore supporter of Yeddyurappa and had even hinted at resigning from the ministry to take active role in the new party.
Shettar last month sacked Yeddyurappa loyalist B J Puttaswamy from the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!