Siddaramaiah govt has not taken off, says BJP
Bangalore: Slamming the performance of the Siddaramaiah government on completion of one year in office, BJP today called it "a withdrawal government" and said it has not even taken off.
"...You (government) lied through the Governor`s speech which promised to provide free laptops and sanitary napkins on which you later backed off.
Governor`s address is policy guidelines for the full year and you have backed off from what you have promised in that," BJP state unit president Prahlad Joshi told reporters here, adding, "in the same way you have withdrawn from many of your own decisions. If we go on counting about it, it will grow over a dozen."
"Counting your withdrawals, I can say yours is a withdrawal government and not a forward government," he said.
Joshi also hit out at the Siddaramaiah government over the hike in power tariff and Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation bus fares.
Accusing the government of not doing enough to manage the drought situation, he said district in-charge ministers were not working towards supplying drinking water in their respective districts and were not paying enough attention towards drought relief work.
"The state government is completely non-functional, they are just calculating on the outcome of Lok Sabha polls..." he added.
Stating that the government has totally failed in its first year`s performance, Joshi said, "This government has not even taken off. There are no signs of it taking off. Even before it may take off, the government is likely to come to a complete halt due to technical snag."
BJP also alleged that the Chief Minister does not have control over his cabinet colleagues.
To a question on Lok Sabha poll performance, Joshi said BJP would win more than 18 seats (out of 28) in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read