Siddaramaiah govt has not taken off, says BJP
Bangalore: Slamming the performance of the Siddaramaiah government on completion of one year in office, BJP today called it "a withdrawal government" and said it has not even taken off.
"...You (government) lied through the Governor`s speech which promised to provide free laptops and sanitary napkins on which you later backed off.
Governor`s address is policy guidelines for the full year and you have backed off from what you have promised in that," BJP state unit president Prahlad Joshi told reporters here, adding, "in the same way you have withdrawn from many of your own decisions. If we go on counting about it, it will grow over a dozen."
"Counting your withdrawals, I can say yours is a withdrawal government and not a forward government," he said.
Joshi also hit out at the Siddaramaiah government over the hike in power tariff and Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation bus fares.
Accusing the government of not doing enough to manage the drought situation, he said district in-charge ministers were not working towards supplying drinking water in their respective districts and were not paying enough attention towards drought relief work.
"The state government is completely non-functional, they are just calculating on the outcome of Lok Sabha polls..." he added.
Stating that the government has totally failed in its first year`s performance, Joshi said, "This government has not even taken off. There are no signs of it taking off. Even before it may take off, the government is likely to come to a complete halt due to technical snag."
BJP also alleged that the Chief Minister does not have control over his cabinet colleagues.
To a question on Lok Sabha poll performance, Joshi said BJP would win more than 18 seats (out of 28) in Karnataka.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India