Siddaramaiah govt has not taken off, says BJP
Bangalore: Slamming the performance of the Siddaramaiah government on completion of one year in office, BJP today called it "a withdrawal government" and said it has not even taken off.
"...You (government) lied through the Governor`s speech which promised to provide free laptops and sanitary napkins on which you later backed off.
Governor`s address is policy guidelines for the full year and you have backed off from what you have promised in that," BJP state unit president Prahlad Joshi told reporters here, adding, "in the same way you have withdrawn from many of your own decisions. If we go on counting about it, it will grow over a dozen."
"Counting your withdrawals, I can say yours is a withdrawal government and not a forward government," he said.
Joshi also hit out at the Siddaramaiah government over the hike in power tariff and Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation bus fares.
Accusing the government of not doing enough to manage the drought situation, he said district in-charge ministers were not working towards supplying drinking water in their respective districts and were not paying enough attention towards drought relief work.
"The state government is completely non-functional, they are just calculating on the outcome of Lok Sabha polls..." he added.
Stating that the government has totally failed in its first year`s performance, Joshi said, "This government has not even taken off. There are no signs of it taking off. Even before it may take off, the government is likely to come to a complete halt due to technical snag."
BJP also alleged that the Chief Minister does not have control over his cabinet colleagues.
To a question on Lok Sabha poll performance, Joshi said BJP would win more than 18 seats (out of 28) in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!