Siddaramaiah lashes out at Yeddyurappa
Mysore: Former Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa is the architect behind the present political crisis in the state, Opposition Leader in the State Assembly Siddaramaiah alleged today.
"Who else is responsible for the present political crisis in the state? It is Yeddyurappa," he told reporters here.
Yeddyurappa wants a Chief Minister who would act according to his diktat, Siddaramaiah alleged.
Launching a tirade against Yeddyurappa`s loyalist-ministers and legislators, Siddaramaiah said the most damaging development in the state was two groups within the BJP playing caste politics.
"The warring factions within BJP are playing caste politics.It will be better if the present government dissolves the assembly and go in for fresh elections," he said.
Alleging that D V Sadananda Gowda was the weakest Chief Minister in the annals of Karnataka politics, Siddaramaiah said "The Chief Minister is the head of the government and council of ministers.By submitting resignations to Gowda, the ministers have expressed lack of confidence in his leadership."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets