Siddaramaiah lashes out at Yeddyurappa
Mysore: Former Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa is the architect behind the present political crisis in the state, Opposition Leader in the State Assembly Siddaramaiah alleged today.
"Who else is responsible for the present political crisis in the state? It is Yeddyurappa," he told reporters here.
Yeddyurappa wants a Chief Minister who would act according to his diktat, Siddaramaiah alleged.
Launching a tirade against Yeddyurappa`s loyalist-ministers and legislators, Siddaramaiah said the most damaging development in the state was two groups within the BJP playing caste politics.
"The warring factions within BJP are playing caste politics.It will be better if the present government dissolves the assembly and go in for fresh elections," he said.
Alleging that D V Sadananda Gowda was the weakest Chief Minister in the annals of Karnataka politics, Siddaramaiah said "The Chief Minister is the head of the government and council of ministers.By submitting resignations to Gowda, the ministers have expressed lack of confidence in his leadership."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...