Siddaramaiah takes moral responsibility, sends resignation
Bangalore: Taking moral responsibility for
Congress` defeat in by-elections to the two Assembly
constituencies in Karnataka, Leader of the Opposition in the
state Assembly Siddaramaiah today submitted his resignation.
The Congress leader sent in his resignation to party
President Sonia Gandhi, sources close to him said.
Siddaramaiah had been touted as one of the key emerging
leaders of the Congress after successfully leading the
much-publicised state-wide 302 km padyatra against BJP rule.
Congress nominee K M Kemparaju lost the Kadur seat to
BJP`s Y C Vishwanath while in Gulbarga South Ajay Singh, son
of former Chief Minister Dharam Singh lost the seat to JD-S`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical