Siddaramaiah takes moral responsibility, sends resignation
Bangalore: Taking moral responsibility for
Congress` defeat in by-elections to the two Assembly
constituencies in Karnataka, Leader of the Opposition in the
state Assembly Siddaramaiah today submitted his resignation.
The Congress leader sent in his resignation to party
President Sonia Gandhi, sources close to him said.
Siddaramaiah had been touted as one of the key emerging
leaders of the Congress after successfully leading the
much-publicised state-wide 302 km padyatra against BJP rule.
Congress nominee K M Kemparaju lost the Kadur seat to
BJP`s Y C Vishwanath while in Gulbarga South Ajay Singh, son
of former Chief Minister Dharam Singh lost the seat to JD-S`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'