Siddaramaiah takes moral responsibility, sends resignation
Bangalore: Taking moral responsibility for
Congress` defeat in by-elections to the two Assembly
constituencies in Karnataka, Leader of the Opposition in the
state Assembly Siddaramaiah today submitted his resignation.
The Congress leader sent in his resignation to party
President Sonia Gandhi, sources close to him said.
Siddaramaiah had been touted as one of the key emerging
leaders of the Congress after successfully leading the
much-publicised state-wide 302 km padyatra against BJP rule.
Congress nominee K M Kemparaju lost the Kadur seat to
BJP`s Y C Vishwanath while in Gulbarga South Ajay Singh, son
of former Chief Minister Dharam Singh lost the seat to JD-S`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly