Siddaramaiah takes moral responsibility, sends resignation
Bangalore: Taking moral responsibility for
Congress` defeat in by-elections to the two Assembly
constituencies in Karnataka, Leader of the Opposition in the
state Assembly Siddaramaiah today submitted his resignation.
The Congress leader sent in his resignation to party
President Sonia Gandhi, sources close to him said.
Siddaramaiah had been touted as one of the key emerging
leaders of the Congress after successfully leading the
much-publicised state-wide 302 km padyatra against BJP rule.
Congress nominee K M Kemparaju lost the Kadur seat to
BJP`s Y C Vishwanath while in Gulbarga South Ajay Singh, son
of former Chief Minister Dharam Singh lost the seat to JD-S`
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory