Siddaramaiah takes moral responsibility, sends resignation
Bangalore: Taking moral responsibility for
Congress` defeat in by-elections to the two Assembly
constituencies in Karnataka, Leader of the Opposition in the
state Assembly Siddaramaiah today submitted his resignation.
The Congress leader sent in his resignation to party
President Sonia Gandhi, sources close to him said.
Siddaramaiah had been touted as one of the key emerging
leaders of the Congress after successfully leading the
much-publicised state-wide 302 km padyatra against BJP rule.
Congress nominee K M Kemparaju lost the Kadur seat to
BJP`s Y C Vishwanath while in Gulbarga South Ajay Singh, son
of former Chief Minister Dharam Singh lost the seat to JD-S`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31