Siddaramaiah welcomes probe into denotification
Bangalore: Congress leader Siddaramaiah on Monday welcomed Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s statement that a judicial probe may be ordered into the denotification and allotment of lands by state agencies in the last ten years if the opposition agreed, saying "the guilty must face action".
"Let there be a probe. Those found guilty must face
action," the Opposition leader in the state Assembly told
reporters here after Yeddyurappa challenged the Congress and
JDS whether they were ready to face a probe by a retired
supreme court judge.
"I am not opposing denotification of lands. But it
should not be done in violation of rules," he said.
Siddaramaiah has been accusing Yeddyurappa of bending
rules and denotifying lands in favour of his sons.
On Yeddyurappa`s charge that six acres near Kengeri
was denotified to a person recommended by Siddaramaiah, the
Congress leader said "I only forwarded the request of the
individual, but never mounted pressure. If it was not
permissible under law, the Chief Minister should have rejected
He blamed the state government for the "mess" it
created over reservation of seats in Panchayats to OBCs. The
government should have filed a petition soon after the Supreme
Court pronounced its order on May 11 asking it to limit the
reservation within 50 per cent, he said.
Siddaramaiah suggested that the government should
immediately summon the Legislature session to discuss the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why