Situation in Hubli under control says police
Hubli: The situation in curfew-bound Hubli
city which witnessed violence in the wake of protests by
members of minority community over some obscene writing on the
wall of a graveyard is under control, police said.
"The situation in Hubli city is well under control and
during relaxation of curfew for three hours in the morning, no
untoward incident has been reported," Additional Director
General of Police (Law & Order) A R Infant and Police
Commissioner Hubli-Dharwad Raghavendra Auradkar told
The officials said the curfew was also relaxed in the
evening between 1600 hours and 1830 hours. A decision on
extending it will be taken after reviewing the law and order
situation, they said.
In all 40 people were taken into custody last night and
four cases registered against them.
Auradkar said Karnataka State Reserve Police, Armed
Reserve, besides Home Guards have been deployed in the city to
maintain law and order.
One person was injured when police made a baton charge to
disperse stone-pelting crowds in communally sensitive
Kamaripet and some localities in old Hubli city Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city