Six arrested for murder of Mysore students
Bangalore: The police on Wednesday claimed to
crack the case of abduction and murder of two Mysore students
by arresting six members of a cultural organisation.
Announcing the arrests, Karnataka Home Minister R
Ashoka told reporters here that the six were active members of
the Karnataka Forum for Dignity (KFD) with branches in Mysore
and Hunsur and wanted to raise funds through the abduction.
The accused have been identified as Adil Pasha (23), a
butcher, Ameen (23) and Rehaman (25), both wood polishers,
Kouser (26), a contractor, Athaulla Khan (26), a cell phone
repairer, and Saffeer Ahmed (34), an electrician.
The accused were also involved in the 2009 communal
riots in Mysore, acting state DGP S T Ramesh claimed.
He said as per preliminary investigations the six had
demanded the ransom to mobilise funds for the group.
Ramesh said the police would probe the role of the
organisation and its activities.
Sudeedra (21) and Vignesh (20) were kidnapped on June
8 and a ransom of Rs five crore was demanded for their
On June 11, the abductors allegedly took the students
to Chikkaballapur and strangled them and later stabbed them
before dumping their bodies on the roadside near Agalagurki
village in the district.
Ramesh claimed Adil Pasha and Athaulla Khan were also
involved in four cases of murder and attempt to murder.
Police said they have recovered two vehicles, a toy
pistol, a gold Ganesha pendant, two knives and six cell phones
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city