Six arrested for murder of Mysore students
Bangalore: The police on Wednesday claimed to
crack the case of abduction and murder of two Mysore students
by arresting six members of a cultural organisation.
Announcing the arrests, Karnataka Home Minister R
Ashoka told reporters here that the six were active members of
the Karnataka Forum for Dignity (KFD) with branches in Mysore
and Hunsur and wanted to raise funds through the abduction.
The accused have been identified as Adil Pasha (23), a
butcher, Ameen (23) and Rehaman (25), both wood polishers,
Kouser (26), a contractor, Athaulla Khan (26), a cell phone
repairer, and Saffeer Ahmed (34), an electrician.
The accused were also involved in the 2009 communal
riots in Mysore, acting state DGP S T Ramesh claimed.
He said as per preliminary investigations the six had
demanded the ransom to mobilise funds for the group.
Ramesh said the police would probe the role of the
organisation and its activities.
Sudeedra (21) and Vignesh (20) were kidnapped on June
8 and a ransom of Rs five crore was demanded for their
On June 11, the abductors allegedly took the students
to Chikkaballapur and strangled them and later stabbed them
before dumping their bodies on the roadside near Agalagurki
village in the district.
Ramesh claimed Adil Pasha and Athaulla Khan were also
involved in four cases of murder and attempt to murder.
Police said they have recovered two vehicles, a toy
pistol, a gold Ganesha pendant, two knives and six cell phones
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing