Six govt officials found to possess DA worth over Rs 6 cr
Bangalore: Six government officials were found to possess illegal assets worth over Rs six crore by Lokayukta sleuths in simultaneous raids conducted in 16 premises in different parts of the state.
The raids were conducted in Bangalore city, Mysore City, Davangere, Chikmagalur and Madikeri districts, a Lokayukta release said.
Dr NR Ramachandra, Medical Officer, Koppa, Chikmagalur district, "topped" the list with disproportionate assets worth Rs 1,69,39,009.
MB Nazir Ahmed, Motor Vehicles Inspector, Chitradurga, was found in possession of assets worth over Rs 1,37,15,441 during raids conducted at his premises in Madikeri.
K Govindaiah, executive engineer, Electrical Division (West), Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) Bangalore was possessing wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income, to the tune of Rs 1,29,75,000.
NK Rangaswamy, Police Inspector Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Bangalore was to found to possess disproportionate assets worth Rs 1,07,77,986.
SK Venkatesh, First Division Assistant (FDA), Directorate of Municipal Administration, Bangalore was found in possession of disproportionate assets worth Rs 51,41,000.
NC Ajjaiah, Secretary, Nerligi Village Panchayat, Davangere District was found in possession disproportionate wealth worth Rs 31,98,090.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country