Six govt officials found to possess illegal assets
Bangalore: Six government officials were found to possess illegal assets worth over Rs six crore by Lokayukta sleuths in simultaneous raids conducted in 16 premises in different parts of the state.
The raids were conducted in Bangalore city, Mysore City, Davangere, Chikmagalur and Madikeri districts, a Lokayukta release said.
Dr N R Ramachandra, Medical Officer, Koppa, Chikmagalur district, "topped" the list with disproportionate assets worth Rs 1,69,39,009.
M B Nazir Ahmed, Motor Vehicles Inspector, Chitradurga, was found in possession of assets worth over Rs 1,37,15,441 during raids conducted at his premises in Madikeri.
K Govindaiah, Executive Engineer, Electrical Division (West), Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) Bangalore was possessing wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income, to the tune of Rs 1,29,75,000.
N K Rangaswamy, Police Inspector Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Bangalore was to found to possess disproportionate assets worth Rs 1,07,77,986.
S K Venkatesh, First Division Assistant (FDA), Directorate of Municipal Administration, Bangalore was found in possession of disproportionate assets worth Rs 51,41,000.
N C Ajjaiah, Secretary, Nerligi Village Panchayat, Davangere District was found in possession disproportionate wealth worth Rs 31,98,090.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre