Six LeT members sentenced to life imprisonment
Bangalore: Six persons with suspected links
to terrorist outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba were on Monday sentenced to
life imprisonment by a local court for waging a war against
Second Fast Track Court Judge S G Revankar pronounced
the quantum of punishment after convicting them under Section
121 (waging or attempting to wage war or abetting waging of
war against the government of India) and Section 120 (b) of
IPC (criminal conspiracy).
The court on Saturday had convicted the six -- Mohanmmed
Razur Rehman, Afsar Pasha, Mehboob Ibrahim Chopdar, Noorulla
Khan, Mohammed Irfan and Nazimuddin alias Munna.
The six were arrested during investigation into the 2005
attack on the Indian Institute of Science here and their LeT
links came to light.
Militants had opened fire at delegates emerging out of
an international conference at the Indian Institute of Science
on December 28 2005, killing M C Puri, retired Professor of
IIT, Delhi and injuring four others.
Police had filed cases of sedition, terrorism and
religious disharmony, among others, against the accused.
Police had arrested Pasha on January 14, 2006, along with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad