Six of a family killed in road mishap in K’taka
Bijapur: Six persons of a family on a pilgrimage died on the spot and four others were seriously injured when their jeep and a lorry collided near Madabhavi, 12 km away from here.
The victims, including three were women and a child, were residents of Gulbarga and proceeding to Saudatti in Belgaum District to offer puja to Goddess Yallamma when the mishap occurred, police said.
The injured had been admitted to the District Civil Hospital.
Additional SP FA Trasgar visited the spot and made arrangements for shifting the injured to hospital, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason
- Two lakh ration cards cancelled in two months in Jharkhand
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit