Six workers die in fire at seat-making unit
Bangalore: Six workers were charred to death in their sleep at a private seat-making unit here in the early hours on Monday.
The workers had stayed in the factory godown itself after night shift when the tragedy struck, fire brigade sources said.
The bodies of five victims were recovered at the spot where they had slept and of another nearby indicating that he might have tried to escape the blaze, they said.
Eleven fire tenders were rushed to the spot to put out the fire, the sources said.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof