Six workers die in fire at seat-making unit
Bangalore: Six workers were charred to death in their sleep at a private seat-making unit here in the early hours on Monday.
The workers had stayed in the factory godown itself after night shift when the tragedy struck, fire brigade sources said.
The bodies of five victims were recovered at the spot where they had slept and of another nearby indicating that he might have tried to escape the blaze, they said.
Eleven fire tenders were rushed to the spot to put out the fire, the sources said.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon