Six workers die in fire at seat-making unit
Bangalore: Six workers were charred to death in their sleep at a private seat-making unit here in the early hours on Monday.
The workers had stayed in the factory godown itself after night shift when the tragedy struck, fire brigade sources said.
The bodies of five victims were recovered at the spot where they had slept and of another nearby indicating that he might have tried to escape the blaze, they said.
Eleven fire tenders were rushed to the spot to put out the fire, the sources said.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- 3D model demonstrates how sea waves transport materials within aquatic ecosystems
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters
- Narendra Modi addresses 'Vikas Parv' rally in Karnataka, unveils cooking gas scheme for poor
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law