Six workers die in fire at seat-making unit
Bangalore: Six workers were charred to death in their sleep at a private seat-making unit here in the early hours on Monday.
The workers had stayed in the factory godown itself after night shift when the tragedy struck, fire brigade sources said.
The bodies of five victims were recovered at the spot where they had slept and of another nearby indicating that he might have tried to escape the blaze, they said.
Eleven fire tenders were rushed to the spot to put out the fire, the sources said.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy