Six workers die in fire at seat-making unit
Bangalore: Six workers were charred to death in their sleep at a private seat-making unit here in the early hours on Monday.
The workers had stayed in the factory godown itself after night shift when the tragedy struck, fire brigade sources said.
The bodies of five victims were recovered at the spot where they had slept and of another nearby indicating that he might have tried to escape the blaze, they said.
Eleven fire tenders were rushed to the spot to put out the fire, the sources said.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead