SMK will be useful in bringing Cong to power in Karnataka: KPCC
Bangalore: Former External Affairs Minister S M Krishna would be "definitely useful" in bringing the Congress back to power in Karnataka but his "role" hasn`t yet been defined, Karnataka Pradesh Congress Commitee President G Parameshwara said on Monday.
"He (Krishna) will be definitely useful in bringing the party to power. All his experience, image will definitely help us", Parameshwara told PTI here in response to a question, amid an intense debate on Krishna`s role in state politics.
"What role...Capacity he is going to come in....That will be decided by the Congress President (Sonia Gandhi)", said Parameshwara, considered to be close to Krishna, a former Karnataka Chief Minister.
But the Congress would certainly use his "knowledge, experience, popularity and goodwill" to help the party.
Asked if Krishna, who had also served as Maharashtra Governor, would be projected as the Chief Ministerial candidate of the Congress in the State elections, due in May next year, Parameshwara said such questions can only answered by Sonia Gandhi.
"Whatever she decides (vis-a-vis Krishna`s role), we will abide by it", he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'