SMK will be useful in bringing Cong to power in Karnataka: KPCC
Bangalore: Former External Affairs Minister S M Krishna would be "definitely useful" in bringing the Congress back to power in Karnataka but his "role" hasn`t yet been defined, Karnataka Pradesh Congress Commitee President G Parameshwara said on Monday.
"He (Krishna) will be definitely useful in bringing the party to power. All his experience, image will definitely help us", Parameshwara told PTI here in response to a question, amid an intense debate on Krishna`s role in state politics.
"What role...Capacity he is going to come in....That will be decided by the Congress President (Sonia Gandhi)", said Parameshwara, considered to be close to Krishna, a former Karnataka Chief Minister.
But the Congress would certainly use his "knowledge, experience, popularity and goodwill" to help the party.
Asked if Krishna, who had also served as Maharashtra Governor, would be projected as the Chief Ministerial candidate of the Congress in the State elections, due in May next year, Parameshwara said such questions can only answered by Sonia Gandhi.
"Whatever she decides (vis-a-vis Krishna`s role), we will abide by it", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Manoj Bajpayee's 'Budhia Singh – Born to run' showcases the spirit of world's youngest marathon from Odisha – Watch
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more