Some BJP leaders are trying to unseat Shettar: Yeddyurappa
Bangalore/Haveri: KJP President BS Yeddyurappa on Wednesday claimed some BJP leaders are competing with each other to unseat Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar from power.
"There are some BJP leaders competing with each other to dethrone Shettar," the former chief minister, who broke away from the BJP to head the Karnataka Janata Paksha, told reporters here.
Reacting to former Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda`s remarks that the resignation of BJP MLAs close to Yeddyurappa would not affect the government, KJP chief said, "Let him say what he wants to say, but I will do what I have to do."
Yeddyurappa said a final decision on whether to bring down the Shettar Government would be taken at an executive committee meeting of the KJP here on January 4.
He also said the state would witness "important political changes" after Sankranti festival (January 14).
Yeddyurappa reiterated that the BJP Government had lost the right to present the next year`s budget as it was "losing numbers" with each passing day.
In another development, BJP MLA Nehru Olekar speaking to reporters in Haveri predicted that the Shettar Government would collapse after January 15.
Olekar, also the Chairman of the SC/ST Development Corporation and a staunch loyalist of Yeddyurappa, claimed that at least 25 to 30 MLAs were ready to quit enmasse and a decision on it would be taken at the KJP Executive on January 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof