‘Speaker should act against ministers if guilty’
Chikmagalur: Pleading ignorance about
an incident of two of his ministerial colleagues caught on
camera allegedly watching porn clippings in Assembly, Chief
Minister DV Sadananda Gowda on Tuesday said it was for the Speaker
to take action against them if they were found guilty.
In a guarded reaction, Gowda, here to participate in some
public functions, said he was yet to learn about the incident
and had so far not watched the TV clippings.
"It is for the Speaker to take action against ministers
if they were found guilty of watching porno clippings in the
assembly," he told reporters here.
Minister for Cooperation Laxman Savadi, who was watching
the clippings, and Minister for Women and Child Development C
C Patil with whom he shared it, were caught on camera by a
regional TV channel covering the assembly proceedings and the
footage was aired on some channels after the House adjourned
for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation