‘Speaker should act against ministers if guilty’
Chikmagalur: Pleading ignorance about
an incident of two of his ministerial colleagues caught on
camera allegedly watching porn clippings in Assembly, Chief
Minister DV Sadananda Gowda on Tuesday said it was for the Speaker
to take action against them if they were found guilty.
In a guarded reaction, Gowda, here to participate in some
public functions, said he was yet to learn about the incident
and had so far not watched the TV clippings.
"It is for the Speaker to take action against ministers
if they were found guilty of watching porno clippings in the
assembly," he told reporters here.
Minister for Cooperation Laxman Savadi, who was watching
the clippings, and Minister for Women and Child Development C
C Patil with whom he shared it, were caught on camera by a
regional TV channel covering the assembly proceedings and the
footage was aired on some channels after the House adjourned
for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional