‘Speaker should act against ministers if guilty’
Chikmagalur: Pleading ignorance about
an incident of two of his ministerial colleagues caught on
camera allegedly watching porn clippings in Assembly, Chief
Minister DV Sadananda Gowda on Tuesday said it was for the Speaker
to take action against them if they were found guilty.
In a guarded reaction, Gowda, here to participate in some
public functions, said he was yet to learn about the incident
and had so far not watched the TV clippings.
"It is for the Speaker to take action against ministers
if they were found guilty of watching porno clippings in the
assembly," he told reporters here.
Minister for Cooperation Laxman Savadi, who was watching
the clippings, and Minister for Women and Child Development C
C Patil with whom he shared it, were caught on camera by a
regional TV channel covering the assembly proceedings and the
footage was aired on some channels after the House adjourned
for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights