Special status to Hyderabad-Karnataka region notified
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor H.R. Bhardwaj late Tuesday notified special status to the Hyderabad-Karnataka region in the state conferred under Article 371J of the Constitution.
The seven districts of the state, part of the erstwhile Hyderabad state under the Nizams till 1948, to get the special status are Bellary, Bidar, Bijapur, Gulbarga, Koppal, Raichur and Yadgir.
"The governor has also notified the setting up of the Hyderabad-Karnataka Region Development Board and the Karnataka Educational Institutions (regulations of admission in the region) to provide 70 percent reservation to students from the region and eight percent for them in institutions in other regions across the state," an official statement said here.
Under the law amended by parliament early this year, the governor also notified the Karnataka Public Employment order to create a local cadre and reservation for local candidates in the region in government service.
"Under the Karnataka Private Unaided Educational Institutions (regulations of admission in the region) order, 70 percent reservation will be provided for local youth in every course in any regional university or educational institution and eight percent of seats in universities in other regions of the state," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt
- Wimbledon: Serena Williams enters second round ousts Amra Sadikovic
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- `Run machine` Virat Kohli credits physical fitness for consistency in performance
- LeEco sells 61,000 units of Le 2 and Le Max2 for online sales record of Rs 78 cr