Special status to Hyderabad-Karnataka region notified
Bangalore: Karnataka Governor H.R. Bhardwaj late Tuesday notified special status to the Hyderabad-Karnataka region in the state conferred under Article 371J of the Constitution.
The seven districts of the state, part of the erstwhile Hyderabad state under the Nizams till 1948, to get the special status are Bellary, Bidar, Bijapur, Gulbarga, Koppal, Raichur and Yadgir.
"The governor has also notified the setting up of the Hyderabad-Karnataka Region Development Board and the Karnataka Educational Institutions (regulations of admission in the region) to provide 70 percent reservation to students from the region and eight percent for them in institutions in other regions across the state," an official statement said here.
Under the law amended by parliament early this year, the governor also notified the Karnataka Public Employment order to create a local cadre and reservation for local candidates in the region in government service.
"Under the Karnataka Private Unaided Educational Institutions (regulations of admission in the region) order, 70 percent reservation will be provided for local youth in every course in any regional university or educational institution and eight percent of seats in universities in other regions of the state," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail