Sreeramulu slams Yeddyurappa for drought area tour
Bellary: Former BJP leader B Sreeramulu on Thursday flayed the tour undertaken by former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa in drought-hit district of the state and termed it as another "drama" to regain power.
"Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda and Yeddyurappa are engaged in power politics. BJP leaders are continuing their resort politics", Sreeramulu, who has floated his own "BSR" (Badavara, Shramikra and Raithara) party hit out at a press conference here.
He said he would launch Padayatra from Basavakalyan in Bagalkot district from April 24 to awaken what he called "sleeping" government to remind it to take up relief works in drought hit areas.
He also said that he would undertake two-day fast from June 17, if the state government failed to de-silt Tungabhadra Reservoir by then.
Sreeramulu said farmers of Bellary, Raichur and Koppal would join him in the fast.
The former minister went on two-day fast last month in Gadag seeking development activities in North Karnataka region, an issue which he never touched while he was in power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!