Sreeramulu slams Yeddyurappa for drought area tour
Bellary: Former BJP leader B Sreeramulu on Thursday flayed the tour undertaken by former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa in drought-hit district of the state and termed it as another "drama" to regain power.
"Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda and Yeddyurappa are engaged in power politics. BJP leaders are continuing their resort politics", Sreeramulu, who has floated his own "BSR" (Badavara, Shramikra and Raithara) party hit out at a press conference here.
He said he would launch Padayatra from Basavakalyan in Bagalkot district from April 24 to awaken what he called "sleeping" government to remind it to take up relief works in drought hit areas.
He also said that he would undertake two-day fast from June 17, if the state government failed to de-silt Tungabhadra Reservoir by then.
Sreeramulu said farmers of Bellary, Raichur and Koppal would join him in the fast.
The former minister went on two-day fast last month in Gadag seeking development activities in North Karnataka region, an issue which he never touched while he was in power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says