Sreeramulu slams Yeddyurappa for drought area tour
Bellary: Former BJP leader B Sreeramulu on Thursday flayed the tour undertaken by former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa in drought-hit district of the state and termed it as another "drama" to regain power.
"Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda and Yeddyurappa are engaged in power politics. BJP leaders are continuing their resort politics", Sreeramulu, who has floated his own "BSR" (Badavara, Shramikra and Raithara) party hit out at a press conference here.
He said he would launch Padayatra from Basavakalyan in Bagalkot district from April 24 to awaken what he called "sleeping" government to remind it to take up relief works in drought hit areas.
He also said that he would undertake two-day fast from June 17, if the state government failed to de-silt Tungabhadra Reservoir by then.
Sreeramulu said farmers of Bellary, Raichur and Koppal would join him in the fast.
The former minister went on two-day fast last month in Gadag seeking development activities in North Karnataka region, an issue which he never touched while he was in power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days