Sreeramulu slams Yeddyurappa for drought area tour
Bellary: Former BJP leader B Sreeramulu on Thursday flayed the tour undertaken by former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa in drought-hit district of the state and termed it as another "drama" to regain power.
"Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda and Yeddyurappa are engaged in power politics. BJP leaders are continuing their resort politics", Sreeramulu, who has floated his own "BSR" (Badavara, Shramikra and Raithara) party hit out at a press conference here.
He said he would launch Padayatra from Basavakalyan in Bagalkot district from April 24 to awaken what he called "sleeping" government to remind it to take up relief works in drought hit areas.
He also said that he would undertake two-day fast from June 17, if the state government failed to de-silt Tungabhadra Reservoir by then.
Sreeramulu said farmers of Bellary, Raichur and Koppal would join him in the fast.
The former minister went on two-day fast last month in Gadag seeking development activities in North Karnataka region, an issue which he never touched while he was in power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?