Sri Rama Sene wants subsidy for Ayyappa devotees
Bagalkot: Right Wing Sri Rama Sene, which had
been in the limelight for its acts of moral policing, today
demanded that Karnataka Government extend subsidy to devotees
visiting Sabarimala in Kerala on the lines of the facility
enjoyed by Haj pilgrims.
The state government should sanction Rs 5,000 to each
devotee who visits Sabarimala, abode of Lord Ayyappa, Sene
founder Promod Muthalik told a press meet here.
The Sene men had assaulted women and men at a pub in
Mangalore in January last year and threatened to disrupt
Valentine`s day celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh, booked for remark against Mayawati, arrested in Bihar
- Pope Francis pays silent visit to Auschwitz
- Pakistani terrorist reveals links with Hafiz Saeed, names handler in PoK to NIA
- 'Jagga Jasoos' will work irrespective of delay if made well: Anurag Basu
- New Chief Justice of Patna HC sworn in