Sri Rama Sene wants subsidy for Ayyappa devotees
Bagalkot: Right Wing Sri Rama Sene, which had
been in the limelight for its acts of moral policing, today
demanded that Karnataka Government extend subsidy to devotees
visiting Sabarimala in Kerala on the lines of the facility
enjoyed by Haj pilgrims.
The state government should sanction Rs 5,000 to each
devotee who visits Sabarimala, abode of Lord Ayyappa, Sene
founder Promod Muthalik told a press meet here.
The Sene men had assaulted women and men at a pub in
Mangalore in January last year and threatened to disrupt
Valentine`s day celebrations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan