Sri Sri Ravi Shankar urges support for Anna
Bangalore: Extending his full support to Anna Hazare’s crusade against anti-corruption, spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Thursday urged the Gandhian’s supporters to join him at Ramila grounds in New Delhi from tomorrow. He also called on the government to accept Anna’s Jan Lokpal Bill.
Addressing a gathering of Anna’s supporters at Freedom Park in Bangalore, Sri Sri slammed the government saying, “Attempts are being made to stop Anna’s fight against corruption.”
Reacting to PM Manmohan Singh’s statement in Parliament, Ravi Shankar said, “Parliament may be supreme, but 2008 trust vote episode proved that there were shortcomings.”
He observed that Anna’s movement and the support that he had received from all over the country proved, “There is hatred for corruption everywhere.”
Sri Sri gave a call to the people to abhor corruption and added, “It is our duty not to support corruption.” He goaded the people not to give even one paisa of bribe to anyone. Giving his own example he said that his standing instruction to his staff was not to give any sort of bribe even if the work had been pending for a long time.
On a positive note, the spiritual leader was happy at the fact that the next generation of the country had “finally woken up” and had decided to come out in the streets to fight the menace of corruption.
He advised government officers to put up a placard on their table proclaiming ‘I do not take bribe’.
Assuring Anna’s supporters, Sri Sri said that he had met Anna on Tuesday night and found that he “was in good health”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why