Sri Sri Ravi Shankar urges support for Anna
Bangalore: Extending his full support to Anna Hazare’s crusade against anti-corruption, spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Thursday urged the Gandhian’s supporters to join him at Ramila grounds in New Delhi from tomorrow. He also called on the government to accept Anna’s Jan Lokpal Bill.
Addressing a gathering of Anna’s supporters at Freedom Park in Bangalore, Sri Sri slammed the government saying, “Attempts are being made to stop Anna’s fight against corruption.”
Reacting to PM Manmohan Singh’s statement in Parliament, Ravi Shankar said, “Parliament may be supreme, but 2008 trust vote episode proved that there were shortcomings.”
He observed that Anna’s movement and the support that he had received from all over the country proved, “There is hatred for corruption everywhere.”
Sri Sri gave a call to the people to abhor corruption and added, “It is our duty not to support corruption.” He goaded the people not to give even one paisa of bribe to anyone. Giving his own example he said that his standing instruction to his staff was not to give any sort of bribe even if the work had been pending for a long time.
On a positive note, the spiritual leader was happy at the fact that the next generation of the country had “finally woken up” and had decided to come out in the streets to fight the menace of corruption.
He advised government officers to put up a placard on their table proclaiming ‘I do not take bribe’.
Assuring Anna’s supporters, Sri Sri said that he had met Anna on Tuesday night and found that he “was in good health”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand