Sriramulu quits Assembly, adds to BJP`s woes
Bangalore: It seems the storm brewing in the Karnataka BJP camp hasn’t settled yet.
On Sunday, former state Health Minister B Sriramulu resigned from his state Assembly membership. Sriramulu, who had been sulking over denial of ministerial berth, sent his resignation letter to the Assembly Speaker.
Sriramulu, elected as MLA from Bellary Rural Assembly constituency and who is close to the Reddy brothers, however said he would not quit BJP till Sadananda Gowda continues to be the chief minister.
Sriramulu, himself a mining baron, had yesterday convened a meeting of his supporters and MLAs and MPs of the district to discuss and decide on future political course.
Rumours also milled that Sriramulu was contemplating to float a regional party, but sources close to him refused to confirm it.
Apart from Sriramulu, Janardhana Reddy and his brother G Karunakara Reddy were upset after the BJP high command did not favour their inclusion in the ministry led by Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda, in the wake of a Lokayukta report indicting them in illegal mining.
The powerful Reddy brothers, who wielded control over Bellary district administration, have been facing crisis after losing power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past